How to Choose an IVF Specialist & Fertility clinic
Related to IVF | Posted on April 19th, 2017
Share the post on
Infertility or reproductive problems are often treatable with infertility drugs and high-tech procedures. Assisted reproductive technology (ART) is a group of different methods used to help infertile couples. With the help of Assisted Reproductive Technology the chances of becoming pregnant for infertile couples has increased significantly. In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is one such ART technique. IVF works by removing eggs from a woman’s body. The eggs are then mixed with sperm in petri dish in ivf laboratory to make embryos. The embryos are then transferred in the woman’s body. For nearly 40 years, in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment has helped millions of couples worldwide to overcome a wide variety of infertility problems and has enabled them to realize their dreams of becoming parents. IVF helps infertile couples become pregnant by joining the egg and sperm together in an embryology laboratory where embryos are created that can later be transferred back into the woman's uterus.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) can be used to treat infertility with the following patients: blocked or damaged fallopian tubes; male factor infertility including decreased sperm count or sperm motility; women with ovulation disorders, premature ovarian failure, uterine fibroids; women who have had their fallopian tubes removed; individuals with a genetic disorder and unexplained infertility.
In Vitro Fertilization is assisted reproductive technology (ART) commonly referred to as IVF. IVF is the process of fertilization by manually combining an egg from ovaries and sperm in a laboratory dish, and then transferring the embryo to the uterus. Other forms of ART include gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT) and zygote intrafallopian transfer (ZIFT).
The treatment of IVF is helpful for couples diagnoised with problems including
Fallopian tube damage or blockage.
Premature ovarian failure.
Previous tubal sterilization or removal.
Impaired sperm production or function.
A genetic disorder.
Fertility preservation for cancer or other health conditions.
Learn in detail about ivf treatment, fertility and infertility in women and men at http://www.meandmummyindia.com/medical-services-index.htm
Advantages of IVF Treatments
The most obvious advantage of IVF treatment is the ability for the couple to have a biological child of their own. The IVF process uses only the best eggs and sperm from the couple, meaning the fertilization is more likely to be successful on the first try. A baby born through the IVF treatment will be no different from a baby conceived through natural means. IVF treatments are a great way to get around any infertility issues a couple might be having, without the need for major surgery or extensive infertility treatments. IVF can also be a great solution for patients who are unable to get pregnant through normal means, such as single mothers or same sex couples. Using donated eggs or sperm, they can use the IVF process to realize their dream of having a child. Even the infertile couple with male infertility or female infertility can opt for ivf with donor egg or donor sperm.
Side effects and Risks associated with IVF Treatment include multiple births, premature delivery and low birth weight, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, miscarriage, egg-retrieval procedure complications, ectopic pregnancy, birth defects, ovarian cancer and stress due to heavy ivf cost.
What To Expect After IVF Treatment
In vitro fertilization (IVF) related injections, monitoring, and procedures are emotionally and physically demanding on the female partner. Superovulation with hormones requires regular blood tests, daily injections, frequent monitoring by doctor and harvesting of eggs. These procedures are done on an outpatient basis and require only a short recovery time. Cramping during the procedure is common. According to the need and condition, patient may be advised to avoid strenuous activities for the remainder of the day or to be on bed rest for a few days after doctors advise.
Few considerations before opting for the IVF treatmentat at infertility clinic.
1. It’s not 100 percent successful. The most important fact to know about IVF is that it’s not 100 percent successful. The process can take time, money, and even an emotional toll on your life, and in the end, it might not work. Thats where choosing the correct IVF clinic will help you a lot in evry single step of the fertility treatment process.
2. The number of IVF cycles needed will vary from patient to patient. Several factors play a role in the success of IVF treatment including age of the patient, degree of infertility among couple and the quality of the embryo and semen. Some women will only require one treatment before successfully conceiving, while other women may need to undergo as many as six IVF cycles. Unfortunately, some women are unable to conceive even after undergoing multiple IVF cycles.
3. If your fertility issues are less severe, you may opt for mini-IVF, which costs less because it involves lower doses of fertility drugs and less comprehensive oversight for your cycle. If your fertility issues do not result from ovulation issues, you may be eligible for natural cycle IVF, which involves no fertility medications.
4. The important point to be considered is the cost of money involved. It is good to have a clear idea of the costs involved before starting treatment, and to have finances in order before beginning. There is significant emotional drain on the couple and their relationship.
5. Be patient during IVF Treatment. One of the biggest misconceptions about IVF is that it works right away. It’s very common you’ll need to do it more than once. In younger patients it may be a little less (if you’re not pregnant in the first cycle, you’ll likely get pregnant in the next), but if you’re in your forties the average is like three cycles. This is only an indicative figure and will vary from person to person and case to case basis.
6. Have a detailed discussion with your partner. Both should stand on the same page. Decide the time frame for how long you would like to continue with the treatment. Till how long you will continue or when would you stop infertility treatment?
You should discuss your chances for success with IVF with your fertility specialist to determine which type of treatment may be right for your health and budget. Be sure to inquire about any additional costs that may arise during treatment, such as extra testing or psychological counseling, so that you can be prepared. Some fertility clinics offer financial planning assistance to help patients afford treatment.
How to Choose an IVF Specialist
The in vitro fertilization process is complicated and very personal, so finding a good doctor is important. Most likely, you will begin your journey toward IVF at your gynecologist's office. He or she will run basic fertility tests and conduct exams to diagnose your condition before making a recommendation. Your gynecologist may suggest your partner see an urologist. Once you and your partner have decided that IVF is the right treatment option, you'll need to choose a specialist. Finding a Clinic and narrowing down your choices is an important, potentially difficult process. Since IVF is such an involved procedure, you'll need to find a clinic where you feel comfortable with the staff and confident in your chances of conception. Finding a clinic and specialist who make you feel secure is an important step in your IVF process.
Located in south Gujarat in Surat Me and Mummy hospital & IVF Centre has handled hundreds of infertility cases and has achieved remarkable success in them, a rare feat which few hospitals claim. With today’s advanced reproductive technology, you can always find a solution to all the fertility problems. You must meet an expert in the infertility field. Quality patient care and world class services are always the prime issues for Me and Mummy Clinic in Surat. Clinic gives meticulous attention to all the issues related to treatments, infrastructure, team composition and other related factors.
Dr.Praful Doshi a consultant Gynaecologist and IVF Specialist has over 20 years of experience in fertility and assisted reproduction techniques and specialises in infertility, IVF and in Assisted Reproductive Techniques. Dr.Praful Doshi performs in vitro fertilization (IVF), Donor Egg IVF, ovulation induction, artificial insemination, intrauterine insemination (IUI) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). Dr.Praful doshi has been playing major role in providing specialised treatments to overcome infertility problems and making your dream of family complete. We provide affordable & high quality male & female infertility treatment with advanced reproductive technologies and world class IVF lab infrastructure. The whole IVF section is provided with HEPA filtered, sterile, pressurised air for bacteria free and particle free atmosphere to improve the success of the treatment.
Contact us today for consultation with highly-skilled fertility specialist for the assisted reproductive technology treatments available and know more about ivf treatment, procedure, causes and ivf cost
Location:India / Surat | Member since: April 19th, 2017 [EDT]
Me and Mummy Hospital and IVF Centre has become a name synonymous to top quality Infertility patient care and international level fertility services with leadership of the India's top IVF specialist D ...