In order to make a compatible Surrogate Mother match for the Intended Parents an interview process is necessary. Each Intended Parent who seeks help from an Surrogacy Lawyer or Surrogacy Provider will need to be asked a series of questions.
After the answers are reviewed by the Surrogacy Providers then the goal is to match a Surrogate Mother who mets the needs and values similar to that of the IP's in order to develop a trust worthy relationship with both parties involved. Here is an example of the types of questions that might be asked to Intended Parents during their interview:
1. Why are you seeking a potential Surrogate Mother?
2. How many IVF attempts are you willing to try?
3. How many embryos do you want to transfer?
4. How do you feel about twins or triplets?
5. How do you feel about selective reduction?
6. What are your thoughts on abortion?
7. If an amniocentesis was suggested, how would you feel?
8. Do you have a support team to help you on this Journey?
9. What kind of relationship do you wish to have with your Surrogate?
10. Do you want to be in the delivery room?
11. If your surrogate wishes to include her husband in the pregnancy process, how would you feel?
12. Would you want the birth videotaped?
13. What is your position on the costs associated with surrogacy?
14. Are you in a financial place to be able to meet the costs?
15. What types of compensation do you wish to provide for your Surrogate?
16. Do you want your Surrogate Mother to breastfeed?
17. Do you want a sibling project if the first Surrogate journey is successful?